Friday, January 25, 2008

Check ya tongue...

I created a blog because I like to share thoughts, cuz if I just told the same people everything that happens it would bore them to death. People have so many thoughts and ideas, its wack. Yet so few people have the courage to really say whats on their mind. Now, understand that callin out a friend when they're bs'n is on a different level than you standing up for what you believe, BUT people these days get way too comfortable and seculuded. I don't know why or what makes people feel that they should just keep everything the think inside and not share it. We were created for relationships and friendships. So why would we keep things from those friends whom we cherish the most? Maybe you don't have to get all the dirt outta the rug but at least clue ya friends on your life. Man, let them know! Sometimes I wish I could just know! But that's not how we operate, we have this gift of communication and yet so often we fail to use it as it was intended.

I would stain this entire post with my main man Francis Chan, but Chelsea already let loose on Bill (or Ben) Wallace, so I don't wanna copy ideas, ya know? But I will explain a lil bit about the last sermon I heard. This guy teaches out in SoCal and has such a heart for teaching God's Word to its fullest. I was first introduced to him thro Twehrle and I have been hooked ever since. His sermon's aren't easy listens. They require action! They require brokeness! They require you to be honest! They eat me up everytime I hear him speak. My most recent sermon I heard was on James 3:5-12, which is on the tongue and how we cannot tame this small vessel in our mouth. Going back to the intro, how often do we use our tongue for blessing? Seriously? Think about it, in a given day how many times do YOU bless others by kind and encouraging words? Ok...how many times to you "curse" others? Really, that much? Be honest! If you can honestly say that you bless more people than you curse on any given day...I commend you greatly. But for the normal humans, like myself, I struggle with this, bad! I so rarely use my tongue for its intended purpose.

I would go into teaching mode, but I wouldn't want to steal his thunder. If you own iTunes and have 50:53 mins to watch a pointless tv show, i challenge you to watch or listen to this podcast instead. Its a GREAT message and will convict the crud outta ya!

Go to iTunes music store -> type in Cornerstone Church -> click on the video or audio podcast -> scroll down till 12/10/2006 (#59) and click on the "Choose Your Words Wisely" podcast -> wait to download, then sit in silence and chillax while Francis rips it!

2 comments:

TaylorW said...

"If you own iTunes and have 50:53 mins to watch a pointless tv show, i challenge you to watch or listen to this podcast instead."

That quote above from your post sounded live deja vu: You said exactly what my mind was reasoning about 1.5 years ago when I first got hooked on podcasts. (specifically Chan's)

Moreover, this post hits at the main point of WHY Francis Chan's sermons are so amazing = they are 100% honest/real and 100% focused on personal application. There is no way that you can come away from one of his talks and be ignorant about what God is telling you through the word.

solid.

Anonymous said...

as soon as i'm done with this comment I'm goin to get that cast and fill up my new i-pod with some wholesome sounds... Chan!!!!

solid post... thanks for the challenge, everybody (mostly me) needs it.