Tuesday, January 8, 2008

See Before You Speak...

Im Jeremy, and frankly I DO NOT care about people's opinoins but I want people to have one. In sports, ESPN DOES NOT care who your favorite team is or how long you have had season tickets. But they DO care that you have an opinoin on their topics. For instince, no one cares what you think about Mississippi State football, no matter how big of a fan you may be(Hint: Fan is short for FANATIC). People only care about big, nationwide topics. Such topics like the Yankees or Patriots. People really do not care what your opinoin is they just want to know you have one so you can chime in thoughts and concerns in workplace conversations.
The same idea applies here at this blog. My goal in this blog is to throw out thoughts, ideas and observations and ask for my readers to give me comments. I don't care whether they are positive or negitive, i just want a response! So as long as this blog survives-i expect comments! I will blog on Tuesday & Friday, except on holidays and probably not on spring break. EVERY Tuesday & Friday, mark it on your calenders, make an alarm on your cell, or find a way that works for you but you will want to remember this blog before you lay your head down to bed. More on me personally, i wouldn't want to give away everything in one post...so now for the topic of today:
Ever heard of the expression or phrase "Good from far, but far from good"? If not, here's the explanation. If there is a girl from aways away and on first glance she looks nice but as you see her closer you realize you were dead wrong b/c she isn't as attractive as you first pictured. Maybe her teeth are yellow, or she's wearing 7 inches of MaryKay, the reason doesn't matter, you were very wrong about this chick and next time you will not be so quick on the draw. So that same process happened to me today at my 8am sociology 101 class. I'm sitting down near the door and this girl walks in and she looked very pretty. but later as a i had to introduce myself through a class excersize, I fount out my observation to be dead false. I'm not going to hate on her publically but she wasn't a dime...or a penny. So my judgement feels questioned and rightfully so b/c these types of problems occur more often than not. Stories and comments would be appreciated .
P.S. click on the highlighted words to add visiual reference to the topics

12 comments:

TaylorW said...

nice, I could get used to this...

remember:
"Stats don't bring rings!!!"




I'd fo sho add you as a link to my blog bro...

TaylorW said...

PS: nice visual links

Anonymous said...

haha. i love it. it's about time though!

this is fresh. the links are a good addition to the post and i have to say that my respect for you as a blogger went way up because of your dedication to post EVERY TUESDAY and FRIDAY - pure motivation for me to follow your steps. just carry through...

Anonymous said...

remember adam and evan are still pissed at you. haha.

i liked the highlighters... that was clutch for me, without them i wouldn't have understood.

Anonymous said...

these type girls are also known as 'twenty footers'. they look good from twenty feet away, but the closer they get...

Anonymous said...

That's both hilarious and sad...

My fave was the pic for "yellow teeth" haha.

Anonymous said...

JH, props for the Bics - my favs!

J. Wehrle

Anonymous said...

i wonder was she thinking the same about you dawn

Anonymous said...

Dawn and I discussed this and we sure hope no one ever calls us "twenty footers" :) ahhh...that's horrible, but probably true. I guess it can be the same with guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, and welcome to the blogging world :)

TaylorW said...

stephen > You crack me up bro!

Holly Michelle said...

all i can say is... wow! lol its sad... but so very funny!